Saturday 21 August 2010

'Dripping' Ice-Cream Nails DIY

This is my favorite nail design! I love how the blue nail polish looks like its's dripping down my nails - so gorgeous!

I found this design on 'AskMeWhats' blog and i absolutely loved the design, i had to re-create it!

Here are the steps:
1. Start off by applying a clear base coat - leave to dry and then apply an under colour of your choice, i am using Models Own - Pastel Pink. Paint on two coats leaving each coat to try properly before adding the next.

2. It's actually surprisingly easy to create the 'dripping' effect. I used Barry M - Pale Blue. Using the brush apply from the end of the 'drip' and paint upwards, create all three drips and fill in any gaps quickly. They don't need to be perfect!

3. Using a hard surface (i used any old box, which was the first thing i found that i didn't mind throwing away afterwards) pour out a small amount of white nail polish, i used Models Own - Snow White. Get anything with a thin tip, i found using a pointed art brush works really well - then dot on your dots! Try not to put too much polish on the dots or it won't dry properly.

4. Once dry apply a top coat - then your done!

The great thing about this design is you can mix it up with any colours and it would still look fab - pastel colours are definitely the best in my opinion! It looks really professional but it's so easy :)

Photobucket

26 comments:

  1. what a great idea - I must try this design :) Looks so pretty!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. gorgeous!!
    http://lettyho.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look so cute :)
    Great job.
    It's so much fun to play around doing different mani's
    ♥ Bev
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. that design looks so pretty!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute!! I love this idea. I'm only just starting out with nail art so this seems simple enough for me haha!! Awesome idea!!

    Love J.
    http://bon-vivant-clique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute - I'm sure if I tried this it would come out an absolute mess..! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. liked it :) I've been using something like this the past week. But instead of spotting all the blue side, I do it only in the three sides of the blue.. =)

    byebye!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty - my favourite nail design by far! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! Red, black and white would be cool too in winter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This design is so gorgeous! Have you ever tried models own eyeshadows? are they good quality? because I would love to try them out but I have never heard any things about them.

    http://makeupbydaniela.blogspot.com

    Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this!! Im going to try it out when my Models Own things come, will be doing a blog post too!!!

    http://beckys-annsblog.blogspot.com/

    Thanks! x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is sooo cute! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an amazing idea! I have to try this now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks cute! Love that pink color!

    ReplyDelete
  15. this is so cute and summery!
    i love the colors there gorgeous xox

    ReplyDelete
  16. ummmm unique....bang

    www.cocoa-assassin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely how your nails have grown out after you said you were a habitual nail biter-I am a currently reformed one myself. I might try this but skip the dots, I prefer it without them.

    It is the total bane of my existance right now that ASOS won't ship models own to Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Looks gorgeous. Will definitely have to try to recreate this!

    Pastel Pink by Models Own is a fave of mine. I love most pastel shades.

    Laura xoxo

    http://thewhatlauralovesblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. this is so adorable it's like cotton candy!

    http://pinktattooblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete